Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 30 - Value Eating on 02/21/2010

Today we were celebrating my Uncle’s birthday! Knowing that we were going to have an early dinner at Rosebuds, the classic Italian-American restaurant with huge portions and home-style cooking, I just had a very simple brunch: a niece piece of my cake (which is almost gone by now) and a cappuccino. I finally bought some nice coffee for my Bialetti Mokka… I cannot have coffee first thing in the morning, but after a couple of hours, the smell of coffee has something comforting for me.

Cake 60c, milk 50c, coffee 45c (the roast is called dancing goat and I bought it at the Dill Pickle Grocery Coop. It is from a small roaster called Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters located in Olympia, WA) =1.55$

The dinner serving of Spaghetti & meatballs (needed to have them, never had had this quintessential Italian-American dish before ) was 12.95$ and could have fed an army! It took me until 3am the night to eventually digest enough to go to sleep!!

Total Food Cost of Today: US$14.50

No comments: