Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A pantry of winners!

Just a couple of days ago I told you about the award Barbara and Fabio won - The Bandiera Verde. It is only now that I learn from Roberta and Giulio - proud producers for the Roasting and Grilling Salt, the Eggplant- and Sun-dried Tomato Spread - that they were awarded the Bandiera Verde last year! More, they were the first ever Tuscan farm winning this important award...

I think that is absolutely fabulous! (Of course partly because it gives me an opportunity to boast about having discovered these great people and dedicated farmers independently from a winners' directory. And that my choices were sort of audited externally..) But jokes aside, I DO think it is fabulous, because it confirms the mission of The Scrumptious Pantry: bringing together small artisan producers, real farmers, that love their land, love their food and that
commit to sustainable food production!
Hence "Congrats" - although belated - to Roberta and Giulio, they must be very proud to see their hard work being honoured this way!

No comments: